we are looking forward to hearing from you
Meet the Team
Our team started work during 2018, following the start-up meeting of Cheshire-B4RN in September 2017. The team is led by Chris Jones.
The team members are:
- Chris Jones - A retired accountant who having been asked by the parish councils covering the Great Mollington exchange to manage the successful Connecting Cheshire project deliver FTTC to the exchange area, discovered that although he managed to get his own fibre connection, realised that it was nowhere near what he actually needed.
- Phil Crane - retired IT project manager who was at the time chairman of Mollington Parish Council, does get 35Mbps download but this counts for nothing when everyone else is streaming TV programmes at the same time.
- Dave Evans - retired physics teacher who represents Lea-by-Backford parish on the team. His is unable to get FTTC as his telephone is an exchange-only line.
- Andrew Harkness - retired BT manager, who represents Chorlton by Backford (and Backford). His broadband comes from Chester North and gives him download of 15Mbps, but this does not give him the ability to remotely monitor his new Ring doorbell.
- Dan Lay - provides Point of Sale services from his office in Chester Gates.
- Mike Jones - active farmer in Mollington. His service is adequate but does not allow him the flexibility to run his farm effectively.
- Simon Eardley - The ward councillor for Saughall & Mollington ward. Simon provides connection information from Cheshire West & Chester Council, as well as the parishes within his ward.